02 Jun About Aromatherapy Diffusers
Aromatherapy is the practice of using the natural oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to enhance psychological and physical well-being.
The inhaled aroma from these “essential” oils is widely believed to stimulate brain function. Essential oils can also be absorbed through the skin, where they travel through the bloodstream and can promote whole-body healing.
A form of alternative medicine, aromatherapy is gaining momentum. It is used for a variety of applications, including pain relief, mood enhancement and increased cognitive function.
There are a wide number of essential oils available, each with its own healing properties.
How can you benefit from it all day long? You have several options available:
- Heat Diffuser – Great for spreading a lovely scent throughout your home, heat diffusion is best for pretty smells only. If you are wanting the therapeutic properties of essential oils then heat should be avoided. Heat alters the chemistry of the oil, removing any therapeutic properties it might have had. These type of diffusers are great simply to make a room or your home smell better!
- Evaporative Diffuser – Evaporative diffusers are very basic in operation compared to ultrasonic diffusers. A fan blows air through a pad or filter where the oil sits and vaporizes the oil on the pad. This type of diffuser also includes the clay pendants, inhalers, and glass pendants. The biggest problem with evaporative diffusers, is that the lighter oils (top notes such as citrus) diffuse off quicker than the heavier oils (base notes). Compared to the other diffusers, these aren’t as great for therapeutic use in large rooms, but are great for personal use in your vehicle or when traveling!
- Nebulizer/Cold Air Diffuser – Cold air diffusers use room-temperature air to blow essential oils into a nebulizer to be vaporized into the air. This diffuser can diffuse quickly and efficiently; Some diffusers of this type can not effectively diffuse heavier, thicker essential oils and can be hard to clean. Unlike heat diffusers, these do not destroy the therapeutic properties of the essential oils being used. Since nebulizing diffusers work so powerfully to quickly saturate the air with essential oils, they generally run at a higher sound level, and tend to use essential oils at a higher rate than any other type of diffuser.
- Ultrasonic Diffuser – Ultrasonic diffusers are the best all around choice for therapeutic use of essential oils in your home. This diffuser uses electronic frequencies to create vibrations in water, that are carried to the surface where the essential oils are floating. The vibrations vaporize the essential oils and disperse them into the air without using any kind of heat at all. Unlike heat diffusers, these do not destroy the therapeutic properties of the essential oils being used. These diffusers do a great job of purifying the air and removing unwanted odors!
- Aromatherapy Necklaces – Trees are an ancient symbol of life, with the Tree of Life Aromatherapy Diffuser Necklace by Chakra Naturals you can invite ultimate healthiness and joy into your life. This is an easy and enjoyable way to access the restorative benefits of aromatherapy: place a couple drops of your favorite essential oil on one of the included locket refill pads to immediately enjoy the gorgeous scent, without touching your skin or clothing.